Mabonos Limited is an agribusiness firm with a core focus on promoting the development of the socio-economic and environmental framework of society through sustainable and innovative agriculture.
We strive forself-sufficiency at the utmost level; with an approach to promote the re-use/ recycling of all residues and other wastesfor other farming activities...
Our projects intend to offer to the youth a different and attractive concept of a farmer - a person who will exploit...
who we are
Mabonos Limited is an agribusiness firm with a core focus on promoting the development of the socio-economic and environmental framework of society through sustainable and innovative agriculture. We are focused on integrated farming and conservation agriculture projects. Our management approach depends on the broadly acclaimed principles of practice:
Reduction of tillage | Perennial soil cover with crops or residues | Crop rotation systems
We strive for self-sufficiency at the utmost level; with an approach to promote the re-use/ recycling of all residues and other waste for other farming activities. This also means we are adding value to our products (higher shares in the value chain). Ultimately, we aim to reach zero waste output.
- Grows crops both for feed (to our livestock operations) and the markets
- Agronomic operations are based on the conservation agriculture (minimum tillage, organic matter management, erosion control, water management, cover crops etc.) Also, a greening policy is adopted (allocated areas for local trees and grasses, to create havens for local wildlife, preserve the environment and carbon management)
- Processes all produce (drying, milling, packaging)
- Recycle by-products of processing plants (feed, organic matter, energy)
- Rear animals with own feed
- Processes and packages the meats andother animal products (e.g. eggs etc.)
- Recycle all wastes (manure, leftovers) into high quality organic fertilizers to be used on the farm, thereby reducing the use of outsourced inputs.
- Relies on solar and thermal energy generated on the farm.
… The farmer stereotype is someone toiling under the sun, barefooted in the dirt or mud, carrying heavy loads for miles to the market – where he may be forced to sell at prices dictated by others … Definitely not an attractive one …
Our projects intend tooffer to the youth a different and attractive concept of a farmer – a person who will exploit technology and science to run the operations, and becoming an entrepreneur with good living standards.
is also top on our agenda: … Our projects aim to make a significant impact on the food chain; increasing yields per acre; increasing quality of the products;and reducing production costs to foster competition with imported products and penetrate the market with a better price to quality ratio.
Partner with Mabonos to contribute towards an improved production capacity and productivity at various levels in the value chain.
MEET THE FOUNDER
Founder and Chief Executive Officer